Contact Building Inspections
Ph: (972) 961-4891 – Building Official
Fax: (469) 273-4015
Inspection Request Line:
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday
Effective January 1st, 2014 the City of Heath Building Department will be using the following Building Codes and NCTCOG Amendments for all residential and commercial plan submittals and permitting:
- 2009 International Building Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2009 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2009 International Residential Code
- 2009 International Mechanical Code
- 2009 International Plumbing Code
- 2009 International Fire Code (Previously Adopted)
- 2008 National Electric Code
The Building Inspection Division is committed to providing current and future citizens quality service related to development and code enforcement through the uses of modern practices in engineering, architecture, public health and quality-assurance management with a team of people dedicated to professional excellence and customer satisfaction. We strive to accomplish these tasks efficiently, effectively and accountability to the community we serve.
See the City of Heath’s Comprehensive Plan (CP) for more information.
The Building Inspection Division is responsible for issuing permits and performing inspections for new, additions and remodeling projects for residential and commercial properties.
The Building Inspection Division enforces:
• Building Code
• Electrical Code
• Plumbing Code
• Mechanical Code
• Fuel Gas Code
• Energy Code
• Health Code
• Fire Code
• Zoning Ordinance
• Other State statues relating to construction
Please remember that permits are required any time you or your contractor constructs, repairs, alters, erects, enlarges, converts, installs or replaces an existing building or its utility system(s). Work that begins without a permit is subject to fines up to $500.
Some examples of projects that require a permit are:
- Fences (please review changes to the Fence ordinance in 2014)
- Storage Sheds over 120 sq ft.
- Retaining Walls over 4’
- Swimming Pools & Irrigation Systems
- Interior Remodels & Additions
- Outdoor Kitchens/Fireplaces
- OSSF Replacements/Repairs
- Cabanas, Guest Houses
- Sea Wall Repairs/Replacements
- Window Replacements
- Foundation Repair
- Miscellaneous Plumbing, Electrical or Mechanical work
Permit information and forms can be found in the Construction and Zoning Document section of the website. If you have questions, please contact the Public Works Department at 972-961-4892 or Code Enforcement Department at 972-961-4893.
For all related documents, please visit our Construction and Zoning Documentation page and look under the Building Inspections section.