Contact Building Inspections
Ph: (972) 961-4891 – Building Official
Fax: (469) 273-4015
Inspection Request Line:
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday
Effective January 1st, 2014 the City of Heath Building Department will be using the following Building Codes and NCTCOG Amendments for all residential and commercial plan submittals and permitting:
- 2009 International Building Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2009 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2009 International Residential Code
- 2009 International Mechanical Code
- 2009 International Plumbing Code
- 2009 International Fire Code (Previously Adopted)
- 2008 National Electric Code
The Building Inspection Division is committed to providing current and future citizens quality service related to development and code enforcement through the uses of modern practices in engineering, architecture, public health and quality-assurance management with a team of people dedicated to professional excellence and customer satisfaction. We strive to accomplish these tasks efficiently, effectively and accountability to the community we serve.
See the City of Heath’s Comprehensive Plan (CP) for more information.
The Building Inspection Division is responsible for issuing permits and performing inspections for new, additions and remodeling projects for residential and commercial properties.
The Building Inspection Division enforces:
• Building Code
• Electrical Code
• Plumbing Code
• Mechanical Code
• Fuel Gas Code
• Energy Code
• Health Code
• Fire Code
• Zoning Ordinance
• Other State statues relating to construction
For all related documents, please visit our Construction and Zoning Documentation page and look under the Building Inspections section.