Welcome from the City Manager
Heath’s history is filled with dedicated leaders whose vision and careful planning have resulted in a premier residential community offering a high quality of life. The City Manager’s Office is committed to leading a staff of professionals in working as partners with City Council and the citizens to continue to make good things happen.
While we have procedures to follow that protect the integrity of the community, we never want to lose touch with the human side of business so we can remain open and accessible to the people we work with and serve. Your comments, suggestions and insight are always welcome.
– Ed Thatcher, City Manager
The City Manager’s Office is responsible for:
- Implementing City Council policy
- Directing departments and the City’s administrative functions
- Providing day-to-day leadership in policy development and implementation
- Assuring an efficient and equitable delivery of City services
- Initiating and developing short and long-term special projects
- Overseeing the annual budget process
- Managing the City’s inter-governmental relations and public information functions
- Directing major economic development projects
Heath Town Center Alternatives
Economic development report to study town center development options (PDF 5mb).