City Council Agenda Updates
HOW TO VIEW LIVE UPDATES
Updates for each agenda item are added during the City Council Meeting. You can turn on auto-refresh and have this page refresh every 15 seconds, or refresh this page manually to view real-time updates.
APRIL 23, 2013
HEATH CITY COUNCIL
200 LAURENCE DRIVE – HEATH, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING – PUBLIC HEARING – WORK SESSION
1. CALL TO ORDER and INVOCATION.
- 6:30 p.m.
2. WORK SESSION – Discussion Regarding Preliminary Results of 2013 Thoroughfare Plan Update – De Shazo Group.
-Work to continue on plan and brought back to Council. No Council action taken.
3. DEPARTMENT and COMMITTEE REPORTS – See Addendum. (Items posted on the addendum are for informational purposes. The addendum is a comprehensive list of issues and reports that are of interest to the City Council and may or may not be discussed as determined by Staff and Council.)
4. Discussion and Action Regarding the Minutes of April 9, 2013.
- Amended minutes approved.
5. Consent Agenda – The items on the Consent Agenda are considered to be self-explanatory by the Council and will be enacted with one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests.
a. Approve the Replat of Lot 13 and Lot 14 of Block B/1 of Cove Ridge Acres No. 1 to Form One Lot, Lot 13R – Requested by Brent Johnson.
b. Approve Resolution 130423A Authorizing Right-of-Way Acquisition for Horizon Road/FM 549 for Water Line Improvements.
c. Approve Resolution 130423B Authorizing Right-of-Way Acquisition for Safe Routes to School Projects (Four Projects).
- All items on Consent Agenda approved.
6. Discussion and Action Regarding Request for Dedication of City–Owned Land with the City of Heath and Heath Municipal Benefits Corporation Addition for Park – DW Bobst.
- Council approved the recommended use of up to four acres in the city-owned 50 acres for a park/playground/parking area named in memory of Samantha Knostman subject to final approval of all plans for the site design, location and private funding being in place. Park Board was given up to 60 days to present to Council a plan that includes exploration of additional park/sports field areas within the 50 acres.
7. Discussion and Action Regarding Mosquito Surveillance and Abatement Program Options.
-Three step program proposed during mosquito season: 1. Weekly mosquito surveillance; 2. Larvaciding by city (donuts); and 3. Spraying if West Nile discovered.
- Council approved up to $27,500 to adopt the mosquito control program as proposed.
8. PUBLIC HEARING – Receive Input Regarding a Request for a Zoning Change from Agricultural (A) to Planned Development (PD) for Local Retail Uses on 16.93 Acres in the W. W. Ford Survey A-80 situated on the Northeast Corner of the intersection of Horizon Road and Jeff Boyd Road adjacent to the Cobblestone Farms Phase 2 Addition to the City of Heath, Rockwall County – Requested by Cameron Slown on behalf of Horizon Promed, LP.
-Opened at 8:56 p.m.
9. Discussion and Action Regarding a Request for a Zoning Change from Agricultural (A) to Planned Development (PD) for Local Retail Uses on 16.93 Acres in the W. W. Ford Survey A-80 situated on the Northeast Corner of the intersection of Horizon Road and Jeff Boyd Road adjacent to the Cobblestone Farms Phase 2 Addition to the City of Heath, Rockwall County.
-Council approved zoning change.
10. Discussion and Action Regarding the Preliminary Plat of the Horizon Professional Medical Park Addition – Requested by Cameron Slown on behalf of Horizon Promed, LP.
-Approved with easement at 32 feet.
11. Receive Resident Request for Review of Section 7 pertaining to the Keeping of Chickens of Ordinance 101116A that Amended Title IX, Chapter 93: Animal Control of the Code of Ordinances– Craig Shield, 132 Larry Drive.
-Requested amendment to allow chickens based upon acreage.
12. Discussion and Action Regarding Capital Improvements Projects (CIP) and Funding.
-Council discussed projects and directed staff to finalize needed projects and present proposed dates for public hearings on the projects and funding.
NOTE: Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Section 551, one or more of the above items may be considered in Executive Session closed to the public. Any decision held on such matter will be taken or conducted in Open Session following the conclusion of the Executive Session.
ADDENDUM TO CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
DEPARTMENT AND COMMITTEE REPORTS/BRIEFINGS
The items listed below include subjects that are of interest to the City Council. The Council may or may not receive a briefing dependent upon activity or change in status regarding the matter. This listing is provided to give notice to the public that a briefing to the Council on any or all subjects may occur.
A. Planning and Zoning (P & Z) Commission
1. Development plats and zoning requests considered by the Commission at their most recent meeting
2. Conditional Use permits considered by the Commission at their most recent meeting
3. Record votes taken at the most recent meeting of the Commission
4. Status of any action or proposed action regarding amendments or revisions to the Zoning Code or the Subdivision Ordinance
5. Any actions taken on revisions to the Capital Improvements Plan or Land Use Assumptions
B. Board of Adjustment
C. Economic Development Corporation
D. Park Board
1. Issues before the Park Board at their most recent meeting
2. Record votes taken by the Park Board
3. Special Events or Activities
E. Special Events Board
1. Issues before the Special Events Board at their most recent meetings
2. Special Events or Activities
F. Take Area Appeals Panel
G. Department of Public Safety
1. Number of calls for service
2. Special events or activities
3. Staffing, training and/or personnel matters
4. Major equipment purchases and repairs
5. Police Activity Report: a. Citations Issued d. Accidents Reported
b. Adult Arrests e. Calls for Service
c. Youth Arrests f. Other Incidents
8. Animal Control: a. Number of animals impounded b. Number of warning and citations issued
9. Annual Racial Profile Report
H. Building Inspections/Public Works
1. Number of building permits issued previous month, year to date and year to date one year ago
2. Valuation of building permits issued previous month, to date and year to date one year ago
3. Current water projects
4. Current sewer projects
5. Major disruptions of water or sewer service
6. Street repairs and/or street reconstruction
7. Major equipment acquisitions or repairs
8. Fix-It Requests
I. Municipal Court
1. New cases docketed 3. Final Dispositions 5. Warrants issued
2. Revenue collected 4. Number of Bench Trials
J. Staff Report
2. Status of Interlocal Agreements and Leases
3. Personnel changes
4. Special Projects or Activities
K. Budget and Finance Report