- How can I obtain a job application form?
Job Application Forms and Background Releases are available at Heath City Hall located at 200 Laurence Drive Heath, Texas 75032. They are also available online.
- How do I apply for employment?
There are three ways to apply for employment:In Person – Heath City Hall at 200 Laurence Drive, Heath, Texas 75032 to apply in person, review the current job openings and complete an employment job application and background check release.
Fax – The completed employment application and background check releases can be faxed to Human Resources at (972) 961-4935.
Mail – The completed employment application and background check releases can be mailed to City of Heath, Attn: Human Resources, 200 Laurence Drive, Heath, Texas 75032.
- Can I fax an application for employment?
Faxed applications to the City of Heath Human Resources Department are accepted 24 hours a day at (972) 961-4935. Faxed applications must be complete. Applications will only be accepted for current open positions.
- Can I leave anything blank on my application?
The information on the application is needed to process qualified applicants. Incomplete applications may be disqualified.
- Should I turn in a resume with my application?
You may submit a resume with your application. It is not required. Any other materials should be kept for the interview process.
- How do I know if I am qualified for the job?
Each current position opening has a detailed description of the minimum qualifications relating to the position. Read minimum qualifications carefully to discern that your qualifications are a close match.
- Do I have to take a drug test to become an employee of the City of Heath?
Yes. All applicants must successfully complete and pass a drug-screening test and a criminal credit background check prior to any job offer being final.
- Who may I contact to ask about the status of my job application?
You will be contacted if you have been selected for an interview.
- Will I be informed if I did not get the job I interviewed for?
The appropriate department will call candidates to schedule interviews and subsequently select the applicants to be hired. There are no time restrictions to complete the process. All applicants who are interviewed will be notified when a selection is made.
- Can I submit a resume instead of completing the job application form?
No. Resumes without an application will not be accepted. You may attach a resume to an application.
- Where is the Human Resouces office located?
The Human Resources office is located in the Heath City Hall at 200 Laurence Drive, Heath, Texas 75032.
- Are all employees eligible for benefits?
All benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and a limited number of benefits are available to part-time employees. There are no benefits for temporary employees.
- How long do I have to work for the City before I am able to retire?
The City of Heath is part of the Texas Municipal Retirement System. Employees become vested for retirement after five years. Employees may retire after five years and at least 60 years of age, or after 20 years of service at any age.
- Does the City participate in Social Security and Medicare?
Yes, the City participates in Social Security and Medicare.
- Living In Heath
- Doing Business
- Animal Control
- Building Inspections
- City Manager’s Office
- City Secretary
- Code Enforcement
- Department of Public Safety
- Human Resources
- Municipal Court
- Parks and Recreation
- Planning and Development
- Public Works
- Utility Services
- Heath News