In order to dismiss your charge and fine, you may qualify to take a Driving Safety Course for your moving violation if you meet the following conditions:
- Provide a valid Texas Drivers License & proof of financial responsibility (Liability Insurance).
- Did not exceed the speed limit by 25 MPH or more over the posted limit.
- Have not completed a Driving Safety Course within the past twelve months.
- Enter a written plea of Guilty or No Contest.
- Pay state costs and fees of $107.00 at the time of your request.
If you qualify, you may appear at the Heath Municipal Court office during regular business hours and complete the required application forms on or before your Court Appearance Date.
If you prefer, you may submit your request in writing by certified mail on or before your Court Appearance Date. In order for your request to be processed, please include with your request:
- A written plea of Guilty or No Contest.(You may enter your plea on the back of the green copy of your citation, on a plain piece of paper with your signature and date of your written request or see the related documents link located on the Municipal Court’s home page to download and print a plea form).
- A copy of your liability insurance card.
- A copy of your valid Texas Drivers License.
- A personal check, money order or cashier’s check made payable to the City of Heath in the amount of $107. Please do not mail CASH.
Upon receipt of your request and approval by the Judge, the Court will provide you with additional forms and instructions needed to finalize the disposition of your case. Please do not enroll in a driving safety course until you have received written approval from the Court.