Featuring Heart of Heath 5k, 1-Mile Family Run
The City of Heath’s traditional Easter Saturday celebration on March 31 features the Heart of Heath 5k and 1-Mile Family Run with awards for the top 3 boys and top 3 girls!
What to expect:
- USATF Certified 5k course with chip-timed start and finish lines for 5k participants
- 5k awards for top 3 overall plus top 3 males and females in each age bracket
- 1-Mile Family Run—integrated into the 5k course, with same start and finish lines
- 1-Mile Family Run awards for top 3 boys and top 3 girls
- Long-sleeve dri-fit T-shirts for 5k and Family Run participants while supplies last
– Register and pick up packets prior to the event to ensure you get your 2018 edition!
- Giant-size games like chess, checkers, Jenga and Connect 4
- Complimentary healthy treats including mini fruit smoothies from Smoothie King
- Prize drawings for registered runners
- The Easter Bunny!
The fun begins in Towne Center Park with a runners’ warm up at 8 a.m. by Raina Lopez and Gracie Wheeler; the Family Run starts at 8:15; and the 5k is at 8:30 a.m. with awards and prizes afterwards. Proceeds benefit Heath’s parks and trails.
More details and online registration will be online soon. This event is rain or shine. However, if safety threats occur due to severe weather/lightening, updates will be posted on Facebook pages maintained by the City of Heath and Heath DPS.
The City of Heath Thanks Our 2018 Special Event Series Sponsors!
Host Sponsor: Farmers Insurance, Heath
Presenting Sponsors: American National Bank; Atmos Energy; CareNow; Dental Professionals of Rockwall; Horton & Archibald/Allegiance Title; Heath Salon & Spa; LiechtyMcGinnis Attorneys & Counselors; Play-Tri/Rockwall Cycling; and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.
Supporting Sponsors: ABH Roofing & Construction; Oncor; Shannon’s Farms; Smoothie King; and Karen Wydra/Ebby Halliday, Realtors.