Featuring Heart of Heath 5k, Family Run & Activities for All!
The City of Heath’s traditional Easter Saturday celebration on April 4 expands this year to include not only the Heart of Heath 5k, but a new Family Run and fun fitness activities for all ages.
Here’s a sampling of what to expect:
- USATF Certified 5k course with chip-timed start and finish lines
- 5k awards for Top 3 overall plus Top 3 male and female in each age bracket
- Family Run if you aren’t ready for the 5k! (it’s one mile, you can do it)
- Prize drawings and t-shirts for 5k and Family Run participants while supplies last
- Yoga, Piyo, Zumba and Taekwondo demo classes
- Little Kicker Soccer obstacle course
- Giant-size games like chess, checkers, Jenga and Connect 4
- A cool Easter kid’s craft in the Artstream Mobile Studio
- Healthy treats like a complimentary mini fruit smoothie from Smoothie King
The fun begins rain or shine in Towne Center Park with a runners’ warm up at 8:15 a.m.; 5k and Family Runs start at 8:30 a.m.; and fitness activities follow until 11 a.m.
Online Registration is now closed… You can register at the event.
Benefitting Heath Parks and Trails.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Friday, April 3
1 – 5 p.m. Packet Pickup/Registration
Rockwall Running Center, 539 East Interstate 30, Rockwall
Saturday, April 4
7:30 am Packet Pickup/Onsite Registration
8:00 am Runner’s Warm Up, Deidre’ Bramlett, Studio M Dance
8:15 am Family Run
8:30 am 5k Run
9:15 am Taekwondo Class Demo, Robert Powell, Rockwall Black Belt Academy
9:30 am 5K Runner Awards/Prize Drawings for 5K & Family Run Participants
10:00 am Piyo Class Demo, Deidre’ Bramlett, Studio M Dance
10:15 am Zumba/Cardio Dance Class Demo, Raina McIlwain, Eclipse, Results and Urban Air Fitness
10:30 am Yoga Class Demo, Gracie Wheeler, YMCA, Eclipse, and Urban Air
8 am -11 am Fun & Fitness Activities including…
- Giant-Size Games – Chess, Checkers, Jenga and Connect 4
- Easter Craft for Children, Artstream Mobile Studio
- Soccer Drills/Skills Obstacle Course, Lil’ Kickers Soccer Program/RISE
- Tadpole and Junior Sailing Program Exploration, Rush Creek Yacht Club
- Croquet and Bocce
- Healthy Refreshments, including complementary beverages by Smoothie King and Juice It Up
The City of Heath Special Events Series is made possible in part by our generous sponsors. Please support them.