Earlier this year, Rockwall County began the process of developing its first countywide Open Space Master Plan (OSMP).
The consultant team of VERDUNITY and WRT has been collecting data and plans from each of the cities, conducting citizen surveys, interviewing stakeholder groups, and meeting with representatives from the County, cities, and various State and Federal agencies.
Plan to attend the Community Workshop
Wednesday, July 15th from 6-8pm
Rockwall County Courthouse, 1111 East Yellowjacket Lane
Registration begins at 5:30 p.m.
The consultants will
- Present the work completed so far
- Get additional input from those present
- Review the existing parks, trails and cultural/historic facilities and programs available across the County,
- Describe the role that planning played in getting those facilities built
Those attending will
- Learn the results of the recent community survey
- Give their opinion on potential future opportunities to
- Preserve natural areas and open space,
- Enhance outdoor education for both school districts,
- Expand off-street trail systems and
- Provide more areas for passive recreation in the county as other areas develop over time.
The OSMP will consolidate all the information and plans into a countywide Master Plan that can be used as a guide by the County and individual cities. As development occurs, there will be opportunities to preserve and protect natural systems and designate open spaces and corridors for future recreational considerations and trail connections throughout the County.
For additional information about the project or to volunteer for a committee, please contact RCOSA Vice Chair Nell Welborn at email@example.com or the consultant’s project manager, Kevin Shepherd at firstname.lastname@example.org.