Heath’s population is currently 8,300 – give or take a few, depending upon the data source cited. The build-out population is projected to be 25,000 residents. The term “build-out” means when the space for residential development has been depleted.
How Does this Compare the Rest of North Texas?
- The North Texas total population will gain nearly 3 million residents between 2015 and 2030 for a 38% increase.
- Collin County will lead North Texas in population growth from 2015 to 2030 with an 80% increase to 1,712,183 residents.
- Rockwall County follows with a 76% increase from 95,829 residents in 2015 to 168,455 by 2030.
- Denton County comes in third with a 74% and Kaufman County is fourth with a 73% increase.
- Two counties in North Texas, Cottle and Foard, are projected to lose residents from 2015 to 2030.