The City of Heath has become a Certifying Organization for the President’s Volunteer Service Award
What is the President’s Volunteer Service Award?
- The President’s Volunteer Service Award is issued by the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation on behalf of the President of the United States to recognize the best in American spirit, and to encourage all Americans to improve their communities through volunteer service, and civic participation.
- The Award is given to individuals, families, and groups that have demonstrated outstanding volunteer service and civic participation over the course of a 12-month period.
What is a Certifying Organization?
- A Certifying Organization is an organization that has been given the authority through an application process to administer the President’s Volunteer Service Awards to its volunteers.
How Does this Benefit City of Heath Volunteers?
- This is an opportunity for City of Heath volunteers, including board and commission members, council members and volunteer DPS officers, to earn Presidential recognition for their annual commitment to City service if they meet the hourly requirements
How do I earn a President’s Volunteer Service Award?
To earn an Award, volunteers must keep a record of volunteer activities served in a 12-month period. To get started, contact City Secretary Stephanie Galanides at 972-771-6228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Children (≤ 14 yrs)||50 – 74 hours||75 – 99 hours||100+ hours||4,000+ over lifetime|
|Young Adults (15-25 yrs)||100 – 174||175 -249||250+||4,000+ over lifetime|
|Adults (25 ≥)||100 – 249||250 – 499||500+||4,000+ over lifetime|
|Families and Groups (two or more people)*||200 – 499||500 – 999||1000+||N/A|
What do I get in the Award package?
Depending on which award package is ordered, award recipients can receive through the City:
- An official President’s Volunteer Service Award lapel pin
- A personalized certificate of achievement and/or letter from the President
- Recognition at a City Council meeting
Tags: Award, Presidential, Volunteer