Brennan Teal Foundation For Gas Line Safety

Hearts were broken throughout Rockwall County on August 24, 2012 when Brennan Teel’s life was tragically taken due to a lightning strike at the Lubbock home he was visiting.

His friends unknowingly had yellow-jacketed Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST) installed in their home. The Lubbock fire marshal blamed the fatal home fire on this tubing, which is used to pipe gas to furnaces and appliances in many newer homes.

While nothing can ever bring back this cherished son, brother and friend, Brennen’s family was driven to do something to honor Brennan and founded the Heath-based Brennan Teel Foundation for Gas Line Safety.

“The Brennen Teel Foundation for Gas Line Safety provides education and builds awareness about the untold dangers of yellow-jacketed CSST,” said Lavera Vincent, executive director. “While saving lives and protecting property, we are using the Voice of ONE for the safety of many.”

“Brennen Teel called Heath home, and his parents, Ken and Becky, have been invested in Rockwall County for 29 years raising their family, engaging in the neighborhood and providing economic growth for their community,” adds Lavera.

“This is where we will continue Brennan’s legacy through our work.”

For more information about the foundation and gas line safety, please visit